Welcome to MetroKids, a child-focused, family friendly early childhood education center in downtown Minneapolis–a wonderful place for your child! We understand that children are active learners. We teach through games, art activities, creative dramatics, stories, music, indoor and outdoor play, and sharing time. There are so many things to love about MetroKids.
- We’re close, convenient, and perfect for busy families who work in or near the downtown area. MetroKids is near the bus line and the Metrodome light rail station. We’re right across the street from Hennepin County Medical Center.
- We promote early learning through holistic programming designed to meet your child’s developmental needs.
- Not too big and not too small, MetroKids is just right.
- We are open Monday through Friday, from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You set the schedule that works for your family.
- Our teacher-child ratio is very low, so children get the one-to-one attention and nurturing they need.
- The philosophy behind our Creative Curriculum is that young children learn best by playing and doing, integrating reading, writing, math, science, and social studies into the daily activities.
- Babies and children have daily opportunities to develop their small motor skills and large motor proficiency.
- We teach and model the attributes of Jesus—love, compassion, forgiveness, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Children learn that God loves them.
- Through the Minneapolis Public schools, we can connect you with preschool screening and special education services.
- We love building relationships with parents and grandparents, too. At MetroKids, everybody knows your name.
Founded in 1999, MetroKids exists so that all children in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area have access to excellent early childhood education. We will give your child the academic, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual foundation for elementary school—and life.
We’d love to have you visit us. Please enjoy the video below from MetroKids previous Executive Director, Charice Deegan. For more information or a tour, please contact Molly Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-332-5437).